Saturday, January 16, 2016

January 2016 Birchbox

A few weeks ago I received the curated box: On Trend-Korean Beauty and I loved it, and just for a quick update on it, I noticed the Goodal Waterest First Essence broke my skin out. Anyway, this is my official monthly box from Birchbox.

For those who do not know what Birchbox is, it is a monthly service that costs $10 a month and you get 5 deluxe samples that can include makeup, skincare, haircare, body, etc. They also have many promotions for new members and the current promotion is if you sign up using a persons unique referral link, you and that person will be entered in a drawing for a BEAUTY BLENDER Royal. I think that's an amazing contest/drawing since beauty blenders are amazing and are life changing when it comes to doing makeup. Also, there is a code that you can use at checkout to get a body balm: LOVEGWS. Please sign up with this link: https://www.birchbox.com/invite/allthingskayla 

Now, for the review.


This month I received:

-BioRepublic Skincare Pomegranate Crush Illuminating Mask: This mask has a sweet smell that is light. It is easy to unfold from the packaging and I noticed that it didn't slide off my face as I wore it. However, the mask did curl up a bit on the sides and the top of my face. When I took the mask off it made my face look shiny and healthy. The serum did make my face a bit sticky when it was first wet, but it wasn't sticky after it dried.

-Whish Three Whishes Body Butter in Lavender: I was mostly excited for this product. The lavender is not over powering and is a light scent that is very calming. I really love this scent and want to try the other scents. All you need is a small amount and it goes on smooth and is very hydrating. I use it on my arm since I have keratosis pilaris which are small bumps from too much keratin production in the skin, so I am always looking for a lotion, oil, or balm that can hydrate my skin and lessen the bumps. I'm going to buy a full size in my next haul and I may get the lavender scent, but I noticed they have a coconut scent and I love coconut. If you have tried this product or purchased, what was your favorite scent?

-IPKN Flash Cream Radiant Primer: I got this in the Korean box  and I like this product. It gives the appearance of healthy dewy skin. It does not have a silicone feeling, but it feels like a cream. 

-Eyko Fat Liquid Eyeliner: This was the first product I tried out of my box and I was a little disappointed because it was drying out. I don't know if it is because of the weather being cold or that's how it is. I put it under hot water and it seemed to help a little. I did swatch it again later that night and it seemed like it was working, but I guess time will tell and I will give an update in my next post. 

-Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo: This is the smallest sample I have ever seen for dry shampoo. I've been wanting to try this dry shampoo. Anyway, I love getting dry shampoos since I do not wash my every day since my hair is more on the dry side and I like using dry shampoo as a pick me up. Last month I got the Klorane dry shampoo and comparing these two dry shampoos, I like the amika better since it more of a light floral smell and it doesn't give a white cast onto my hair or feel like it was weighing my hair down. Also, it feels like it soaks up oils really well. I will probably buy this in the near future and I'm hoping to try more dry shampoos from different brands.

What did you all get and what was your HG and HF from your box or from any of your subscription services?

Also, what is everyone choosing for February? I'm torn between the curated box and the whish cleansing oil. I may buy the curated box in the shop and then choose the whish cleansing oil. For the curated box I really want the whish mud mask and the OCC lip tar since I love lip products.

I have a haul coming on Monday and sometime next week I will be posting a review so stay tuned and please subscribe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment