Friday, March 18, 2016

March 2016 Birchbox

Hey everyone! I received my Birchbox on Tuesday and this month I received six samples which is nice.



For those who do not know what Birchbox is, it is a beauty service that costs $10 a month and you get five to six beauty products a month. The beauty products can be makeup, skincare, hair products, body, nail polish, makeup tools, and sometimes lifestyle items. You can sign up here if you are interested: https://www.birchbox.com/invite/allthingskayla

Anyway, back to the review. I chose the Number 4 shampoo and conditioner as my sample choice this month since I have tried their hair elixr and loved it. Also, it is gluten free which is a plus for me. Parlor is gluten free too so I could have chosen either one.

I have only tried the shampoo and conditioner once and will be using the shampoo tonight with a hair masque since I use my Macademia hair masque once a week. I usually wash my hair two to three times a week and use dry shampoo on days that my hair feels oily. My hair is on the drier side. The formula for the shampoo and conditioner are light weight and is not super sudsy. It has a musky scent and I like it because sometimes I can't stand when shampoo and conditioner are super floral smelling. Would I be buying the shampoo or conditioner in the future? I do like it, but I don't think I would purchase it since it is pretty pricey and I do love my Dove shampoo and conditioner.


I got three makeup items this much. I got the Cargo duo eyeshadow in a dark taupe and gold color. I have not tried the Cargo yet and probably won't use it since I have these colors in my Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palettes. I have heard though that the Cargo eyeshadows are pigmented and creamy. I may use it one day or I may do something else with it. I will not be purchasing the palette since I already have enough neutral palettes and enough palettes I love right now, i.e. the Too Faced Chocolate Bar series, Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly, and the Tarte Tartelette in Bloom Palette.

I also received the Balm Stainiac. I haven't tried this either because I really hate lip/cheek stains because I feel like when I use them on my lips they go into creases and look bad and are too red for my lips and I just hate having to blend the stains out really quickly. Plus, I do not like any of the Balm makeup products. I will not be buying a full size.

My last makeup item was Dr. Lipp's Miracle Balm. This product was so hard to get out of the container. I did get some product out of the tube and it is very thick and reminds me of Vaseline and the product only has a few uses out of it. I am not really fond of it because I feel like I could go just put Vaseline on my lips. I will not be buying a full size.

The last product I received was the Khiels Eye Serum. I love eye serums since they are moisturizing for my under eye area and help with puffiness and dark circles. Some also are great for anti-aging and this one is good for puffiness and anti-aging. Since I am only twenty I do not have wrinkles under my eyes so I can't tell if it works for anti-aging, but I do find that it is great to start using anti-aging products. I don't really get puffy eyes either so I can't say it works for that either. I haven't noticed a big difference under my eyes. Will I purchase a full size? No I won't since I do love my Oz Naturals eye serum, but I do feel like this small sample will last for a while.

As you can tell I really did not like this months box and I usually love everything in my boxes. I'm hoping for a better month next month. I am on the fence about what to choose next month. I am either choosing the Hair Mask or choosing the curated box for that Laura Geller blush. Decisions, decisions.

Follow me on Instagram @allthingskayla and on Twitter @allthingskayla. My Instagram and Twitter show makeup looks I do and new makeup products I have gotten. Anyway, what did you all get this month for your Birchbox and what are you choosing for sample choice?






No comments:

Post a Comment