Friday, March 4, 2016

Too Faced Peanut and Jelly Palette

Hey everyone! You know what time it is? It's Peanut Butter and Jelly Time! 



Isn't the packaging cute? I really love how cute the packaging is. It is a tin case that has a magnetic closure.

I got this palette last Friday before it was offically released on Sunday, February 28, 2016. I actually won this, the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, and the Too Faced Shadow Insurance from a Instagram giveaway. I may have wanted this palette and the mascara a little too much because I entered 52 times and then got banned from commenting on anything from Instagram for a week. A week of not commenting on Instagram is torture, but it was worth it because I got this palette, the mascara, and the eyeshadow primer. By the way, I usually don't enter that many times on a giveaway.

Anyway, the back of the packaging talks about the inspiration of this palette and has a disclaimer about the palette. The inspiration behind this palette is the color Peanut Butter that is from the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette. And the disclaimer tells everyone that is palette is infused with coco powder like their Chocolate Bar palettes and this palette does not contain peanuts.


This palette does have a mirror and it sits right up and does not lay flat. If you are doing your makeup and like using the mirror in palettes, then you will have to hold the whole palette up.


Each row is labelled and the top is named Soft & Sweet, the middle one is Rich and Creamy, and the bottom one is PB&J.



I took two different pictures of swatches because I wanted everyone to see what the colors look like in natural light and what it looks like in doors. The colors starting from left to right are: Spread the Love, Bananas, Extra Creamy, Peanut Butter, Peanut Brittle, Jelly, Peanut Butter Cup, Jammin', and Nuts About U.

  • Spread the Love is a light to medium peach color that has some gold sparkles to it. 
  • Bananas is a shimmery light gold.
  • Extra Creamy is a matte white and for me this is the perfect highlight shade out of this whole palette.
  • Peanut Butter is a matte orangey brown. I love this color and I alternate it between my crease and my lid depending on the look I am making.
  • Peanut Brittle is very similar to Peanut Butter, but this one is shimmery. Too Faced describes this color as a "metallic burnt orange."
  • Jelly is an orchid purple. I find this color a little disappointing out of the whole palette because I find this one less pigmented compared to the other colors, and this shadow is more sheer. You really need to build it up to get that gorgeous purple. When I have it on my lids it looks more like a purplish pink.
  • Peanut Butter Cup is a shimmery bronze color and it is very gorgeous. 
  • Jammin' in the pan and in certain lights it looks like a deep purple with gold specks, however Too Faced says it is a "dark chocolate with golden sparkles." I do see it being a dark chocolate in certain lights. I would like to say it is a plummy chocolate with gold sparkles.
  • Nuts About U is a brownish red that is matte.
The palette does not smell like peanut butter and jelly, but it does smells like peanut butter and chocolate. It smells really good in my opinion. It does smell like the regular chocolate palettes, but with chocolate.

You can make a lot of different looks with these nine eyeshadows and they are super pigmented and last a long time with no eye primer and with eye primer. I noticed they wear the same amount of time as if you had eye primer on.

Here are some looks I created with this palette:

This was one of the first looks I made with this palette and I created this look because whenever I saw people doing tutorials with this palette it was always the orangey brown look and I really wanted to create a purple eye look. I first put Peanut Butter in my crease, then I added Jammin' into my crease. I put Jelly onto my lids and decided to put Jammin' into my outer V and on my lower eyelashes. 

I put Nuts About You into my crease with Peanut Butter Cup. Then I put Peanut Butter and Peanut Brittle on my lids. I also put Peanut Butter Cup onto my outer V.


I did the row Soft&Sweet which is where I put Peanut Butter into my crease and then Peanut Butter onto my lids. I did try to see how Spread the Love would look like as an highlight and it did not look good, so I put Extra Creamy on top of it.


This is actually the look I did today and I took Jammin' and put that into my crease and put Peanut Butter Cup onto my lids.

I put Peanut Butter Cup onto my crease and outer V. On my lids I put Extra Creamy, Spread the Love, and Bananas onto my lids.



I did the row Rich&Creamy and I put Jammin' into my crease with Peanut Brittle onto my lids. I tried to see if Bananas would look okay as a highlight, and it does not so I masked it with Extra Creamy, and then put a little of Bananas onto my inner eye.


In this look I did PB&J which is Nuts About U in my crease with Jelly on my lids. And in all my looks I put Extra Creamy on my crease.

Like I said, you can get many looks out of this palette and I plan on creating more and I probably will make some looks using this palette as well as some other palettes. I really recommend this palette since it does have very cute packaging and the shadows are gorgeous. It smells like peanut butter and chocolate and you can create gorgeous eye looks with this palette. You could just put some shadow on the lid and it would still look gorgeous. I just LOVE this palette.

This palette is an Ulta exclusive currently and right now you can only get it off of Ulta's website and Too Faced's website. It will be in stores at Ulta on March 13th.

This month and next month I will be reviewing a few other items from Too Faced! So stay tuned to this blog, my Instagram, and Twitter. My Instagram and Twitter gives you all sneak peaks of some items I receive and buy. Just a heads up I will be getting another Too Faced Palette tomorrow and this one I bought, but follow me on Instagram and Twitter to see which palette I bought. My Instagram is @allthingskayla and my Twitter is @allthingskayla1. 







No comments:

Post a Comment