Saturday, April 9, 2016

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

Hey everyone, welcome back to my blog! I am so sorry that this post is a day late. Yesterday I was calling my local Ulta and Sephora to see if the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette was in stock and it wasn't. I know I told one of you I was not going to purchase the Sweet Peach palette, but I decided to because it so, so gorgeous and I have been trying to enter giveaways with no such luck. After calling around I was watching a review and the person mentioned HSN and I decided to check their page since I haven't for a while and lo and behold they restocked! I got one before it was tweeted out and instagramed by many people. Well after I purchased I got on a live chat with HSN to ask them if a four day hold on my bank account was normal and then the representative told me they would be sending a fax to my bank because it is being cancelled! I was devastated, but after talking to verifications and to a few other customer service representatives we got it worked out and it was a huge misunderstanding. Last month I made another account to try and get the $20 off the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette and verifications cancelled that and the first representative was looking at that and not my Sweet Peach Palette. So hopefully it does come and I will tweet and instagram once I get it. So that is why I didn't blog yesterday and that is one hard palette to get a hold of.

Anyway, onto my review. Remember when I did my review on the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette and I said I liked it, but I needed another palette? Well after I got my Bon Bons palette, I decided I wanted this palette. With this review I will not be mentioning or comparing the Chocolate Bon Bons or the Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette to this palette. I do plan on do a battle of the palettes down the road to compare them and what not.

I have to say I am very impressed with Too Faced eyeshadows because they are buttery, blend very well, have great wear time, and are really pigmented. When I use to buy drugstore eyeshadows I would usually have my eyeshadow come off before I got home from school or only last for a few hours. These shadows on the other hand can last a while and do well with or without an eye primer. I took this palette on my trip with me and last Saturday when we were traveling home I had my eyeshadow on for 16 hours and it looked like I had just applied my eyeshadow and all my other makeup lasted the same amount which to me is shocking.

This was the only palette I took for my trip and I did miss my other palettes, but I really am happy I chose this palette to come with me and play with it while on my trip.

I thought I would hate the burgundy shades, but I ended up liking them and think that they wear well with whatever you are wearing. Some colors in this palette are fall/winter colors, but I do still like to use them. It is a very versatile palette and you can make many gorgeous looks. I also thought I would hate the forest olive green in the palette known as gilded ganache, but ended up loving it. I tried all 16 of the eyeshadows and I love 14 of the shadows out of it. This a very good palette and I am in love with it.

This is my favorite eyeshadow palette as of now and that could change after I get the Sweet Peach Palette, but we will see. I am currently trying two other palettes and will be trying out another two later this week or next week.

Here are the swatches in my bathroom and then in natural light:


Colors from left to right are:

  • Gilded Ganche-A forrest olive with gold sparkle
  • White Chocolate-A white/cream matte
  • Milk Chocolate-A matte light brown 
  • Forest Truffle-A deep purple with sparkle/shimmer
  • Triple Fudge-A dark cool tone brown
  • Salted Carmel-A matte tanish color (it is hard to describe it, how would you all describe it. I think it is somewhat peachy on my skin tone)
  • Marzipan-A metallic/shimmery pink/champagne color
  • Semi Sweet-A medium rich brown matte
  • Strawberry Bon Bon-A whiteish pink matte
  •  Candied Violet-A shimmery purple
  • Amaretto-A burgundy brown satin
  • Hazelnut-A light brown with some gold hues satin
  • Creme Brule-A gold satin
  • Haute Chocolate-A bit darker than Hazelnut, but is a light/medium brown satin
  • Cherry Coridal-A wine/burgandy matte with some sparkles
  • Champagne Truffle-A shimmery white
My favorites are: white chocolate, milk chocolate, gilded ganache, triple fudge, semi sweet, marzipan, amaretto (my absolute favorite!), hazelnut, haute chocolate, and creme brule. I use champagne truffle as a highlight on my face.

By the way this palette smells so good and smells like chocolate!


Here are some looks I made and sorry for how bad I look in some of the pictures:











What colors do you all like? What is your favorite Too Faced palette and if you have this palette do you like it? Stay tuned for updates from me by following me on Twitter @allthingskayla1 and on Instagram @allthingskayla. I will be posting my Sephora haul when it gets here later this week and when I get the Sweet Peach Palette from HSN! 


4 comments:

  1. I love this palette, I especially like how the lighter colours are so big as they're the ones I go through the quickest.

    Tasha x sincereblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the bigger ones too! I tend to use white chocolate a lot to set my primer and as a brow bone highlight and then champagne truffle as a face highlight.

      Delete
  2. The Chocolate Bar Palette is definitely one of my favorites! The shades look good on you!

    http://orcmilk.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of all the chocolate bars this one is my favorite, but my overall favorite too faced palette currently is the Sweet Peach Palette. And thank you. Nice blog by the way. :)

      Delete